Welcome to South Holland School District 150
"Where Good Things Happen for Children Everyday"
Parent Resource for Educational Support for Success
Click Here to View the Latest SD150 News Flyer
Involved Parents = Successful Students
South Holland School District 150 is committed to creating a
rigorous, relevant, and relationship-based educational
students will thrive!
Click on picture to view a video summary of our district
Summer STEAM 2017
We are currently taking applications until classes are full.
Click HERE to preview Summer STEAM 2017 forms
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Summer programs offered Thornton Township High School District 205
Click HERE to preview summer programs
Click the image to enlarge . . .
Fun Teacher Collaboration! Our very own, Julieanna Pomian
played the trumpet and Nyle Taylor played the Sax and sang
alongside Vandercook students during their alumni appreciation
weekend, where both are graduates.
The purpose of South Holland School
District 150 is to educate all students to their maximum potential and
to maintain high standards and expectations for academic performance and
South Holland School District 150 is
committed to creating a holistic, rigorous, relevant and relationship
based, educational environment that produce students that will thrive
and be successful learners in any local or global high school setting.
- We believe the quality of instruction is contingent on employing
highly qualified staff, providing ongoing staff development and
providing the resources needed to successfully educate all children
within the district.
- We believe that all students can learn and achieve with or
without learning deficits/disabilities if provided a quality
instructional program with academic support when needed.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide an orderly, safe
and secure learning environment where the teaching and learning process
can occur without distractions or ongoing interruptions.
- We believe our students are capable of learning how to make good
decisions regarding their schooling, health, social interactions, human
relations and resolving conflict.
- We believe that ongoing staff development will provide staff the
skills to deliver quality instruction and help our students to become
life-long, successful learners.
- We believe in promoting continued collaboration between home, school and community to meet the needs of our students.
- To increase the percentage of students who meet and exceed the learning standards on local and state assessments.
- To expand opportunities for staff development, parental
involvement and community engagement that will create a culture of
continuous learning for individuals who instill and foster academic
achievement and social responsibility in our students.
- To develop strategies that will help to maintain financial
solvency as we meet financial obligations of the district and ensures
the availability of resources needed to meet educational goals and the
upkeep and improvement of our facilities.
- To integrate the use of technology to enhance the quality of learning for students and staff